Random Quote of the Day: “Everybody hates me because I’m so universally liked.” – Peter de Vries
Hello sunshines! 🔆 Despite my miniature hiatus for the past few weeks, I’ve still been semi-active on the Twitter and therefore have found some more novels to add to my TBR! I don’t really remember what I’ve been adding to the list, so this post will be a good reminder and will hopefully get me out of this reading slump…
They tell me that my memory will never be the same, that I’ll start forgetting things. At first just a little, and then a lot. So I’m writing to remember. Sammie was always a girl with a plan: graduate at the top of her class and get out of her small town as soon as humanly possible. Nothing will stand in her way–not even a rare genetic disorder the doctors say will slowly start to steal her memories and then her health. What she needs is a new plan…
Five went in. Four came out. No one knows what happened that morning at River Point. Five boys went hunting. Four came back. The boys won’t say who fired the shot that killed their friend; the evidence shows it could have been any one of them…
Random Quote of the Day: “A doctor saves lives — It’s up to people to create lives that are worth saving.” – Philip Gold
Hello sunshines! 🔆 Where shall I start with this post? Decisions, decisions…
- I am officially on summer break!! 🏖 I’ve already done some extravagant things this summer as I am STARTING AN ETSY SHOP for my paintings!! Nothing is finalized yet, but when I am settled you guys will be the first to know!!
- With that being said, that’s been the main reason why I haven’t been blogging as much. Lately I haven’t had much will power to blog, but I’m hoping by next week I’ll be back on my stuff.
- I surpassed 500 WP followers!! 🎉🎉 I don’t know how this was possible as I was a ghost for almost a month, but I am still majorly appreciative and if I haven’t said hello to you yet, HELLO!! ❤
- I am now the Vice President of Around the World club (at school) and Treasurer of Helping Hands club (also at school)!
Random Quote of the Day: “The thing about chameleoning your way through life is that it gets to where nothing is real.” – John Green
Hello sunshines! 🔆 Happy Wednesday! Today is my first day of Finals and second to last day of school!! Woo-hoo!! To celebrate, we have a weekly Which Cover Wednesday! Which Cover Wednesday is a post hosted by Sumaya @suereadingcorner. For this post, you choose two different covers of the same book — the books can have different publishers, different formats, etc. Then you decide which one you think is more appealing. I don’t think I’ve mentioned this before, but if you guys ever have theme recommendations or recs in general for WCW, please feel free to comment them! Let’s get onto the debate!
VINEGAR GIRL BY ANNE TAYLOR
I don’t know, both are pretty “eh” to me. But I think I enjoy the FIRST COVER better just because we all know I am a lover of floral.
Random Quote of the Day: “Never stand begging for that which you have the power to earn.” – Miguel de Cervantes
Hello sunshines! 🔆 Captivating Covers is a meme created by me — @JBelkBooks. Every week or so, I share a cover of a novel that I find to be Captivating. It doesn’t have to be one you’ve read, just one that you enjoy! You can add your own twist to it, but I like to include the book synopsis & book details. So, I created this meme to share my findings with you all!
Title: Eliza and Her Monsters
Author: Francesca Zappia
Genre: Young-Adult, Contemporary
Published: July 13th, 2017
I love, love, love how there’s so much going on on this cover — there’s a female figure on the front, yes, but she has hands covered in paint!! As a fellow painter, this excited me because we don’t see many MC’s that have that artistic/creative ability. Also, the clash between realism & fictional aspects on the cover really caught my attention.
Want to read the synopsis? Check it out below!
Random Quote of the Day: “Virtue is choked with foul ambition.” – William Shakespeare
Hello sunshines! 🔆 I’ve been nominated for the MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD by Jacquie @ Rattle the Stars so THANK YOU!! I’ve been nominated before but there are new questions every time so I thought “why not??”! (: Let’s get to it!
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
THREE FACTS ABOUT JBELKBOOKS
- I am a vegetarian and proud!! I went raw vegan for like…three days, and then last year I was pescatarian for about 2-3 months. Starting this 2017 I’ve been FULLY vegetarian!! 🍍🍉🍓🥗
- I love the newest Paramore album, AFTER LAUGHTER. If you haven’t heard it yet, what are you doing with your life???
- I don’t know how to ride a bike. Yeah, I know, that’s sad.