Random Quote of the Day: “Happiness isn’t something you experience; it’s something you remember.” – Oscar Levant
Hello sunshines! 🔆 I know what you’re thinking…”Jesalin, how are you still finding books when you haven’t been reading any?” Well, I’ve been asking myself that exact same question.
But that is besides the point! Friday Finds is a meme hosted by @adailyrhythm. It is a chance for you to showcase the books you’ve ‘found’ and added to your TBR list! They do not have to be books you purchased and they could’ve been found anywhere — bookstores, online, library, etc. I don’t know how many Finds I’ll actually be sharing today just because this week has been pretty crazy and hence, I haven’t had much time to venture through GR to discover new Finds. But anyways, here’s what I HAVE found since my last Friday Finds (:
“Hello, my name is Esther. I am calling on behalf of Krippler Incorporated, a market research institute. Today we are conducting a survey on feline diabetes. Do you, or any member of your household, own a cat?” They hang up. “Hello. My name is Joan. I am calling on behalf of-” They hang up. “Hello. My name’s Doreen.” Jane is a telemarketer. She uses a different name each time, and soon it becomes clear that she is calling the same man again and again…
Ellie Frias disappeared long before she vanished. Tormented throughout middle school, Ellie begins her freshman year with a new look: she doesn’t need to be popular; she just needs to blend in with the wallpaper. But then the unthinkable happens and Ellie is trapped after a brutal assault. She wasn’t the first victim and now she watches it happen again and again. She tries to hold on to her happier memories in order to get past the cold days, waiting for someone to find her. The problem is, no one searches for a girl they never noticed in the first place…
Random Quote of the Day: “When you’re through changing, you’re through.” – Bruce Barton
Hello sunshines! 🔆 So, funny story: I was (finally) planning out future posts and I start typing away, getting in the groove and all. It isn’t until I preblog 5 different posts that I notice that it’s NO LONGER JUNE. This is how you know summer break has really messed with my brain. 😅
- Unlike last month, I am trying to be more active this month hence I am actually writing a blog post. I got a random urge to blog today, and it actually feels pretty good.
- MY ETSY SHOP HAS LAUNCHED!! If you haven’t seen my spam on Twitter or Instagram lately, A SKETCH OF JESS is now LIVE and ready for you! I’ve gotten several forms of support from family and friends already and it is JUST the beginning! Check out my shop HERE and possibly give it a LIKE? 🎉
- Later on this week I get to visit UC Berkeley for two days for the Experience Berkeley Program!! I am super excited to get a kick-start for my senior year — wish me luck! (:
- I am taking senior pictures the beginning of next week and I am somewhat excited/anxious? 📷 If anyone has any ideas to involve my blog/reading/the arts into my pictures, feel free to suggest!
- I just realized I NEVER posted about the Everything, Everything Giveaway that I won in June!! I was super surprised to hear that I won and I was very excited to have won these goodies! Thank you, Forever Young Adult! 💗 I ended up winning a $25 Gift Card, the Everything, Everything Movie Edition Novel, an EE Tank Top, &an EE backpack!
- I am planning on starting a bullet journal! If anyone would like to see a flip-through of my bullet journal, comment down below and I would be happy to do so!
Random Quote of the Day: “I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.” –
Hello sunshines! 🔆 I am back with another Captivating Covers post! Captivating Covers is a meme created by me — @JBelkBooks. Every week or so, I share a cover of a novel that I find to be Captivating. It doesn’t have to be one you’ve read, just one that you enjoy! You can add your own twist to it, but I like to include the book synopsis & book details. So, I created this meme to share my findings with you all! 📚
Title: YOU IN FIVE ACTS
Author: Una LaMarche
Genre: Young-Adult, Contemporary
Published: November 1st, 2016
I’ve become aware of how much I love silhouettes, and how much better they make book covers in my opinion. I’m not really sure what this book is about hence I only picked it because of the cover, but I’ll share the synopsis with you guys down below! I am aware that it doesn’t have the BEST ratings, but I still say give it a read and let me know what you think! (:
⬇️Want to read the synopsis? Check it out below!⬇️
Random Quote of the Day: “Do not wait for the last judgment. It takes place every day.” – Albert Camus
Hello sunshines! 🔆 It is the start of a new month and the LAST entire month until my summer comes to an end (unfortunately). However, I still have lots planned for this month so I am going to try and make the best out of it!
As seen by the title of this post, nothing much has changed. I’ve literally been semi-lazy this past month hence the lack of posts. I haven’t been in the mood to read, type…do anything and I’m trying not to let that overtake my mind because I know I deserve a break…I think?
However throughout all this I HAVE been progressing with my ETSY SHOP!! You guys will all know when my Shop is live and I am extremely excited to start it up! With that being said I have been painting a ton, but I won’t be sharing those today since they will ALL be live soon enough. SO stay tuned!! ❤
You’d think that with me not being active that much on the internet that I’d have much more to say, but I really don’t and I guess that’s kind of sad. But anyways, I’d love to know what you guys are up to! Chat with me in the comments and let me know what you’ve been reading!! I picked up MORE HAPPY THAT NOT by Adam Silvera a few days ago but obviously I haven’t been reading it.
POSTS OF JUNE
And that is all for the month of June! Apologies this post was kind of dull, but you can make it awesome if YOU comment down below how YOUR life has been! (:
Thanks for reading & I’ll see you next time…
FIND ME ELSEWHERE: