Random Quote of the Day: “People always call it luck when you’ve acted more sensibly than they have.” – Anne Tyler
Hello sunshines! 🔆
The month is more than half way over so I did want to remind you all that I am currently hosting a GIVEAWAY for a $10 USD Amazon Gift Card! A second winner will be chosen if I gain 600 WP Followers AND 950 Twitter Followers! Make sure to check out my BLOGIVERSARY POST for more details and be sure to ENTER THE GIVEAWAY!!
For today’s post I will be attempting to complete THE BOOK TITLES Tag! I saw this post originally on @ Lost In A Story and it looked really fun! To complete this tag, you simply answer each question/statement with a title of a book! Let’s get started, shall we? ⬇️
1. TITLE THAT’S THE STORY OF YOUR LIFE
I really liked Lia’s response with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER by Stephen Chbosky, but I didn’t want to put the same thing xD Instead, I think I’m going to go with FALLING INTO PLACE by Amy Zhang — I’d like to think that eventually things will figure themselves out and my life with fall into place!
2. TITLE THAT DESCRIBES YOUR PERFECT WEEKEND
THE REALM OF POSSIBILITY by David Levithan — an endless weekend with tons of options and possibilities to get away!
Random Quote of the Day: “I didn’t really say everything I said.”- Yogi Berra
Hello sunshines! 🔆 Today I am taking the opportunity to tackle some past TTT topics that I missed! Since school I starting up soon (sadly), I decided to talk about the BACK TO SCHOOL Freebie! I don’t know about you, but I LOVE back-to-school shopping! With that being said, I am listing TEN FAVORITE BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES!
If you struggle with organization and procrastination and truly suggest that you invest in a planner! It doesn’t have to be anything special and if you don’t want to purchase one, there are a ton of DIY templates online! I use my planner daily as I write down homework assignments, deadlines, and lots of other useful notes. Some of my favorite planners are: PASSION PLANNER, PLANNERS FROM TARGET, or the BULLET JOURNAL system! I currently own a BUJO so if anyone is interested in a flip-through, definitely let me know in the comments!
I recently found these beauties and I love them SO much. They come in various colors and they do not bleed through the paper UNLESS you apply several layers. Mildliners are essentially highlighters, but I use it for notes, quick sketches, and other minimal designs. These mildliners are double ended — one side with a bold chisel tip and the other being a thin fine point. I bought mine on AMAZON, but I’m sure you can find them other places online. I’m not sure if they are sold in stores since they are a Japanese brand, but let me know if they have them in stores near you!!
Random Quote of the Day: “Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.” – Nora Ephron
Hello sunshines! 🔆 It is officially Friday!! I hope everyone had a worthwhile week and if not, here’s your chance to make up for such a boring week with the weekend!! Friday Finds is a meme hosted by @adailyrhythm. It is a chance for you to showcase the books you’ve ‘found’ and added to your TBR list! They do not have to be books you purchased and they could’ve been found anywhere — bookstores, online, library, etc. I don’t know how many Finds I’ll actually be sharing today just because this week has been pretty crazy and hence, I haven’t had much time to venture through GR to discover new Finds. But anyways, here’s what I HAVE found since my last Friday Finds (:
Dimple Shah has it all figured out. With graduation behind her, she’s more than ready for a break from her family, from Mamma’s inexplicable obsession with her finding the “Ideal Indian Husband.” Ugh. Dimple knows they must respect her principles on some level, though. If they truly believed she needed a husband right now, they wouldn’t have paid for her to attend a summer program for aspiring web developers…right?
Amanda Hardy is the new girl in school in Lambertville, Tennessee. Like any other girl, all she wants is to make friends and fit in. But Amanda is keeping a secret. There’s a reason why she transferred schools for her senior year, and why she’s determined not to get too close to anyone. And then she meets Grant Everett. Grant is unlike anyone she’s ever met—open, honest, kind—and Amanda can’t help but start to let him into her life. As they spend more time together, she finds herself yearning to share with Grant everything about herself…including her past. But she’s terrified that once she tells Grant the truth, he won’t be able to see past it…
Random Quote of the Day: “The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain.” – Kahlil Gibran
Hello sunshines! ☀ This month has been nothing but hectic and I am super glad I’m getting the chance to do a small recap for you guys, but also for myself!
- Lent is almost over and therefore I will be back on Twitter and Instagram starting sometime next week!! I’ve missed interacting with you on there, so I’m excited to get back to it!
- There is so much to be done in such little time and I feel so rushed for school and such. But on the bright side every day is a day closer to summer!!
- I took the ACT last weekend so that was another weight lifted off of my shoulders. It wasn’t as difficult as I thought, but that might just mean that I answered all the wrong answers xD
- I applied for the Experience Berkeley Program a few weeks ago, so I’ll be waiting for a reply in late May! *fingers crossed I got accepted* 😅
- I’m still looking for a possible summer job — I tried looking for one at my local library but right now they don’t have any applications available *sigh* But once there is one, I will definitely be applying!!
Random Quote of the Day: “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” – Henry David Thoreau
Hello sunshines! The first month of 2017 is coming to a close! This month has definitely been very interesting with the Presidential Election, school starting up again, etc. So, let’s see how my month was:
THE WRATH AND THE DAWN BY RENEE ADHIEH
MY RATING: 3.85 out of 5 stars
A MONSTER CALLS BY PATRICK NESS
MY RATING: 4 out of 5 stars
TOP POSTS OF JANUARY
Top Two With Most Views:
Top Two With Most Comments:
Top Two With Most Likes:
SO LET’S WRAP IT UP!
- I had two amazing experiences involving my blog & I! 😊 One was a blogger & author event in Santa Cruz, and I made a post about that HERE. I also had the opportunity to speak at my first panel at my local library! (:
Processed with VSCO with g3 preset
- I’ve been applying and looking into various internships and scholarships for this summer and I am super excited to say that I MIGHT be applying for a 9-day internship for Media Arts!!
- Ed Sheeran has released the date of which his newest album will drop — March 3rd!!! 😍
- I read my first Diverse read of the year — The Wrath and The Dawn!! 📚
And that completes this year’s FIRST Monthly Wrap-Up! Like mentioned, a lot of eventful things happened this month, so I’m excited to see what February has in store! (:
Have you read a Diverse read yet? If so, what was it? Are you excited for Ed Sheeran to FINALLY drop new music?! Chat with me in the comments!
FIND ME ELSEWHERE: