Random Quote of the Day: “Laughter is by definition healthy.” – Doris Lessing
Hello sunshines! 🔆 I know, I am a few days late for my August Wrap-Up, but better late than never!!
No books have been completed this month, but I have started I KNOW WHY THE CAGED BIRD SINGS by Maya Angelou for school! Surprisingly, I am really enjoying this novel so there will definitely be an update on this! (:
Again, no actual art has been made this month, but I am taking Visual Arts SL for my IB course this year, so I might start posting pics of my sketches/practices…? (:
TOP POSTS OF JULY
Top Two With Most Views:
Top Two With Most Comments:
Top Two With Most Likes:
As you can tell my Blogiversary post was very famous in August and I am super grateful for that! My Blogiversary GIVEAWAY has ENDED, so THANK YOU to everyone that entered — a winner will be chosen soon! 🎉💗
Random Quote of the Day: “Set all things in their own peculiar place, and know that order is the greatest grace.” – John Dryden
Hello sunshines! 🔆
This month has passed by so fast and I am ready yet not ready for the rest of this year to proceed. Let’s see what I’ve done so far this month…
- MY ETSY SHOP HAS LAUNCHED!! If you haven’t seen my spam on Twitter or Instagram lately, A SKETCH OF JESS is now LIVE and ready for you! I’ve gotten several forms of support from family and friends already and it is JUST the beginning! Check out my shop HERE and possibly give it a LIKE? 🎉
- I started a Bullet Journal!! Here are some small photos of it but if you’d like to see a flip through so far let me know in the comments!
Random Quote of the Day: “When it is not necessary to make a decision, it is necessary not to make a decision.” – Lord Falkland
Hello sunshines! 🔆 It breaks my heart to realize that it is almost August. August = school = horror. But as the title of this posts says, tomorrow is my Blogiversary, so that makes this upcoming month a little better!! ✨
ANYA’S GHOST BY VERA BROSGOL
MY RATING: 3.5 out of 5 stars
It is no surprise that I only read one novel this month that isn’t even an ACTUAL novel, but a graphic novel. I thought this was going to take me out of my slump, but it looks like I have to read a different novel to do that. I do have a review planned for this one later on in the week so stay tuned for that! I started reading 21 Proms, which is consisted of short stories by multiple authors, so we’ll see if that novel does the trick.
Random Quote of the Day: “Don’t let your sorrow come higher than your knees.”- Swedish Proverb
Hello sunshines! ☀ We are officially at the end March and I am already ready for April to be over with 😅 DST (Daylight Savings Time) really did mess up my sleeping patterns, but now that it is the beginning of April, I am better at waking up in the morning xD Last month was definitely an interesting one, so here’s what did and didn’t happen this March!
CANDIDE BY VOLTAIRE
MY RATING: 3 out of 5 stars
I am super sad and disappointed that I did not get the chance to get to my March DBOTM — I was really excited to be able to get to this month’s book, however I am going to really try and read my March AND April DBOTM this upcoming month!! I’ve been assigned so much reading for school that I haven’t had time to read my DBOTM’s ☹
Quick question: Would anyone actually consider purchasing any of my past artworks? My mom was asking why I don’t sell my artwork on Etsy and I never really considered it. But if a good amount of people say yes, then I might invest into that. So, definitely let me know! (:
Random Quote of the Day: “The minute one utters a certainty, the opposite comes to mind.” – May Sarton
Hello sunshines! ☀ I am so excited for this month to be over with — it has by far been the most stressful since the beginning of 2017, and if that doesn’t say something, then…oh well, lol. 😅 Anyways, the good thing about BWWUs is that I can refresh and kind of take a breather, so here’s what’s been going on:
- Like mentioned, school has been a big hassle this past month. So many things are starting to pile up (not because I procrastinated entirely, but because for some reason all major due dates are around each other??!), and alongside that I’ve been trying to do some other research in regards to this upcoming summer and *sigh*
- Speaking of summer, remember when last month I said I was applying to NSLC? Yeah, that didn’t happen. However, I have been looking for other summer programs, so that should be fun…
- Ed Sheeran DROPPED HIS ALBUM AND IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! 🎶 I made the courageous mistake of listening to it while in class, and let’s just say I got some weird stares.
- After this week, I am officially on Spring Break! I don’t have anything planned so far, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting some reading done while working on some homework…Yay! 🎉
- I gave up social media for Lent, so if you notice that I’m not active on the Twitter or Instagram, it’s because of that! (:
Random Quote of the Day: “The cruelest lies are often told in silence.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Hello sunshines! ☀ I hope everyone has enjoyed this year’s BLACK HISTORY MONTH 🖤!! I don’t know if I should be excited or sad that the year is progressing, just because I know March & April are going to be quite hectic because of school and such. But anyways, let’s see what I somewhat accomplished this February:
GIRL IN PIECES BY KATHLEEN GLASGOW
I know, I didn’t read much this month and I don’t intend to for a while because I’ve been busy with school, scholarships and research, etc. My main priority reading wise is to at least read my Diverse Book of the Month.
I DID have the chance to paint earlier this month, so that was pretty awesome. I’ve been wanting to paint something like this on that wood-like canvas for a long time, so I’m glad I got the chance to do so, finally. 🏔
Random Quote of the Day: “There is nothing so absurd but some philosopher has said it.” – Cicero
Hello sunshines! ☀ It’s a little past the middle of the month, but that’s besides the point. Here is my mid-month recap! (:
- I have officially started Driver’s Ed! I plan to take my permit sometime within the next few months, but that’ll be updated later on.
- I joined my local library’s Teen Advisory Board! I recently attended the Paint Palooza that they hosted, and it was loads of fun! Do you have a Teen Advisory Board at your library?
- I am applying to the NSLC Leadership Conference for Psychology and Neuroscience taking place this summer! I already started my application — all I need to do is apply for FA, ask for letters of recommendations, etc. Wish me luck! ✨
- YALLWest is going to/has dropped their author list for this 2017! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YALLWEST 2017!! Are you going???
- Ed Sheeran’s album is being released very, VERY soon!! (March 3rd) ☺
- I am currently reading GIRL IN PIECES by Kathleen Glasgow!
- I haven’t finished one book this month, but I’m not too upset just because this month has been very busy.
- This upcoming month I’ll be posting my three-month collective book haul, so stay tuned!
And that is this month’s BWWU! A lot going on in the beginning of the year — makes me semi-excited for what the rest of the year has in store. Have an amazing rest of February!! ❤
Thanks for reading & I’ll see you next time…
FIND ME ELSEWHERE: