Random Quote of the Day: “Henceforth I ask not good fortune. I myself am good fortune. ” – Walt Whitman
Hello sunshines! 🔆 I know I’ve been unexpectedly gone this past week, but this will ALL be explained in my very late April Wrap-Up! But for the time being, I’m sharing another TTT post! This week’s topic is…Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week I will post a new Top Ten List. This list includes topics such as ‘my top ten favorite authors’ or ‘my top ten books of this month’. The topics will change, so make sure you stay tuned for each week! Feel free to comment or link your Top Ten Tuesday lists below and I’ll be more than happy to check them out!
This one is a no-brainer, but I felt like it still needed to be said. When I say diversity, I don’t just mean racial-wise, but other cultures, backgrounds, mental illnesses, etc. You can NEVER have too much Diversity!! ❤️️💛💙💜💚
MORE NOVELS ABOUT BOOK-LOVERS
When I read books about a main character that loves to read, blog, paint, etc. it makes me so happy because I can relate to them so well!!
MORE NOVELS SET OUTSIDE THE U.S.
I know this is partly my fault that I keep picking up novels set in my country, but I would to read other novels that ARE NOT taken place in the U.S. I think the writing would be different and I’d definitely get a “feel” for other cultures that way. Since I am Guamanian and African American, I would love to read YA novels set in Guam or Africa! 🇬🇺
Random Quote of the Day: “The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain.” – Kahlil Gibran
Hello sunshines! ☀ This month has been nothing but hectic and I am super glad I’m getting the chance to do a small recap for you guys, but also for myself!
- Lent is almost over and therefore I will be back on Twitter and Instagram starting sometime next week!! I’ve missed interacting with you on there, so I’m excited to get back to it!
- There is so much to be done in such little time and I feel so rushed for school and such. But on the bright side every day is a day closer to summer!!
- I took the ACT last weekend so that was another weight lifted off of my shoulders. It wasn’t as difficult as I thought, but that might just mean that I answered all the wrong answers xD
- I applied for the Experience Berkeley Program a few weeks ago, so I’ll be waiting for a reply in late May! *fingers crossed I got accepted* 😅
- I’m still looking for a possible summer job — I tried looking for one at my local library but right now they don’t have any applications available *sigh* But once there is one, I will definitely be applying!!
Random Quote of the Day: “Don’t let your sorrow come higher than your knees.”- Swedish Proverb
Hello sunshines! ☀ We are officially at the end March and I am already ready for April to be over with 😅 DST (Daylight Savings Time) really did mess up my sleeping patterns, but now that it is the beginning of April, I am better at waking up in the morning xD Last month was definitely an interesting one, so here’s what did and didn’t happen this March!
CANDIDE BY VOLTAIRE
MY RATING: 3 out of 5 stars
I am super sad and disappointed that I did not get the chance to get to my March DBOTM — I was really excited to be able to get to this month’s book, however I am going to really try and read my March AND April DBOTM this upcoming month!! I’ve been assigned so much reading for school that I haven’t had time to read my DBOTM’s ☹
Quick question: Would anyone actually consider purchasing any of my past artworks? My mom was asking why I don’t sell my artwork on Etsy and I never really considered it. But if a good amount of people say yes, then I might invest into that. So, definitely let me know! (:
Random Quote of the Day: “There is nothing so absurd but some philosopher has said it.” – Cicero
Hello sunshines! ☀ It’s a little past the middle of the month, but that’s besides the point. Here is my mid-month recap! (:
- I have officially started Driver’s Ed! I plan to take my permit sometime within the next few months, but that’ll be updated later on.
- I joined my local library’s Teen Advisory Board! I recently attended the Paint Palooza that they hosted, and it was loads of fun! Do you have a Teen Advisory Board at your library?
- I am applying to the NSLC Leadership Conference for Psychology and Neuroscience taking place this summer! I already started my application — all I need to do is apply for FA, ask for letters of recommendations, etc. Wish me luck! ✨
- YALLWest is going to/has dropped their author list for this 2017! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YALLWEST 2017!! Are you going???
- Ed Sheeran’s album is being released very, VERY soon!! (March 3rd) ☺
- I am currently reading GIRL IN PIECES by Kathleen Glasgow!
- I haven’t finished one book this month, but I’m not too upset just because this month has been very busy.
- This upcoming month I’ll be posting my three-month collective book haul, so stay tuned!
And that is this month’s BWWU! A lot going on in the beginning of the year — makes me semi-excited for what the rest of the year has in store. Have an amazing rest of February!! ❤
Thanks for reading & I’ll see you next time…
FIND ME ELSEWHERE: