Random Quote of the Day: “Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.” – David Lloyd George
Hello sunshines! 🔆 It is my favorite month of the year simply because it’s my birthday month! Even though this month has been pretty busy I am looking forward to the end of the month! Do you have a birthday in September? ✨
- MY ETSY SHOP HAS LAUNCHED!! If you haven’t seen my spam on Twitter or Instagram lately, A SKETCH OF JESS is now LIVE and ready for you! I’ve gotten several forms of support from family and friends already and it is JUST the beginning! Check out my shop HERE and possibly give it a LIKE? 🎉
- I’M SELLING CLOTHES, BOOKS, & PAINTINGS ON MERCARI! Mercari is a marketplace app to sell your items easily! If you wanna see what I’m selling for fairly cheap, check out my Shop with my username ‘Jesalin Belk’.
- I STARTED MY NEW JOB! I’m currently working at my local elementary school at an after school program with 1st-5th graders! They are such sweethearts and I am very pleased so far with it!
Random Quote of the Day: “First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.” – Epictetus
Hello sunshines! 🔆 It’s been a while since I’ve posted a WCW! Let’s just skip to the debate 😉
THE MEMORY BOOK BY LARA AVERY
Both are actually really stunning so this is definitely a hard decision. I love the creativity for the SECOND cover, so I think I’m picking that one! Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with the first cover!
Random Quote of the Day: “A mind too active is no mind at all.” – Theodore Roethke
Hello sunshines!🔆 It is no longer Monday which means that the week is 4 days from being OVER! For this week’s TTT post, were are chatting it up about TOP TEN NOVELS THAT HAD ALL THE HYPE!
Disclaimer: these are novels that I remember having hype since I’ve started blogging
THE RAVEN KING by Maggie Stiefvater
LADY MIDNIGHT by Cassandra Clare
CROOKED KINGDOM by Leigh Bardugo
THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN by Roshani Chokshi
A TORCH AGAINST THE NIGHT by Sabaa Tahir
Random Quote of the Day: “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
Hello sunshines! 🔆 Can you believe that this is my FIRST Book Haul of 2017?! I’ve accumulated a few books here and there but I finally have enough to post an ACTUAL Haul! I am so excited to share what books I’ve received/purchased thus far, so let’s get started!
SENT FOR REVIEW
- GOODBYE DAYS by Jeff Zetner
- MIRROR ME by Tara St. Pierre
SENT VIA UPPERCASE (and then some)
- DEFY THE STARS by Claudia Gray
- WORDS ON BATHROOM WALLS by Julia Walton
- SONG OF THE CURRENT by Sarah Tolcser
* of course I got other Uppercase Box books but these are the more recent ones
Random Quote of the Day: “Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings.” – Arthur Rubinstein
Hello sunshines! 🔆 I am back with an awesome FOOD subscription box unboxing + review! If you don’t remember, I’ve actually unboxed NATURE BOX before earlier when my blog was just a fetus. Since then I’ve ventured back into NATURE BOX for their free box — you just pay for $4.65 shipping! Anyways, let’s get into all the deets:
NATURE BOX is a subscription plan that delivers a world of carefully sourced and nutritionist-approved foods right to your door. Each snack contains wholesome ingredients – with no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors.
I’m going to be honest — their site is a little hard to follow when it comes to subscribing or becoming a member, but from what I understand you only pay $5 a month? Also, you can purchase individual items without being subscribed which is pretty cool.
As I’ve mentioned I got this box just by paying for shipping ($4.95)! The only down side to this is that I didn’t get to choose which snacks I wanted in my box. Let’s see what was inside:
Processed with VSCO with f2 preset
- Salt & Vinegar Veggie Chips
- Kung Pao Pretzels
- Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- Crunchy BBQ Twists
Random Quote of the Day: “Laughter is by definition healthy.” – Doris Lessing
Hello sunshines! 🔆 I know, I am a few days late for my August Wrap-Up, but better late than never!!
No books have been completed this month, but I have started I KNOW WHY THE CAGED BIRD SINGS by Maya Angelou for school! Surprisingly, I am really enjoying this novel so there will definitely be an update on this! (:
Again, no actual art has been made this month, but I am taking Visual Arts SL for my IB course this year, so I might start posting pics of my sketches/practices…? (:
TOP POSTS OF JULY
Top Two With Most Views:
Top Two With Most Comments:
Top Two With Most Likes:
As you can tell my Blogiversary post was very famous in August and I am super grateful for that! My Blogiversary GIVEAWAY has ENDED, so THANK YOU to everyone that entered — a winner will be chosen soon! 🎉💗