Random Quote of the Day: “The cruelest lies are often told in silence.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Hello sunshines! ☀ I hope everyone has enjoyed this year’s BLACK HISTORY MONTH 🖤!! I don’t know if I should be excited or sad that the year is progressing, just because I know March & April are going to be quite hectic because of school and such. But anyways, let’s see what I somewhat accomplished this February:
GIRL IN PIECES BY KATHLEEN GLASGOW
I know, I didn’t read much this month and I don’t intend to for a while because I’ve been busy with school, scholarships and research, etc. My main priority reading wise is to at least read my Diverse Book of the Month.
I DID have the chance to paint earlier this month, so that was pretty awesome. I’ve been wanting to paint something like this on that wood-like canvas for a long time, so I’m glad I got the chance to do so, finally. 🏔
TOP POSTS OF FEBRUARY
Top Two With Most Views:
Top Two With Most Comments:
Top Two With Most Likes:
I’m really happy with all the views I’ve been getting this year so far, so thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! Also, one of my favorite posts for this year is A Small Guide to Diversity | Chat with JBelkBooks, so THANK YOU for making that post thrive and enhance conversation 💗
SO LET’S WRAP IT UP!
- I finally got my check for speaking at the library back in January, so that was VERY cool (:
- I’m still applying/looking for scholarships and internships for my upcoming Senior Year of HS, so wish me luck!
- I went on a fieldtrip with the College & Career Club to UC Berkeley last week, and it was such a great trip! Definitely a UC that I will be applying to!
- I GOT MAIL FROM THE ONE AND ONLY, JOHN GREEN!!! You guys all know how much I adore John Green, and the fact that he sent me SIGNED copies of HIS BOOKS absolutely made my 2017 😍😍😍😍😍 (pics and info. to be posted later this month!)
- I got some more book mail from Simon & Schuster/RIVETEDTEEN (two finished copies and one ARC), so stay tuned for a collective book haul this month 😊
- I won a giveaway this month for a Diverse Book of Choice via Twitter, and I chose THE HATE U GIVE by ANGIE THOMAS, so I am super excited to have it!
As you can probably tell, my February was filled with excitement and tons of stress, but I guess you could say it was worth it! All I know is that the stress levels are only going to rise from here, so let’s take a deep breath now!! 😅
How was your February? Did you have a great Valentine’s Day? ARE YOU AS EXCITED AS I AM THAT I GOT MAIL FROM JOHN GREEN??!?! Would anyone be interested in a Bookshelf Tour? Chat with me in the comments & here’s to an interesting March! ❤
PSA: ED SHEERAN’S ALBUM DROPS IN THREE DAYS!!! 😝
FIND ME ELSEWHERE: