Random Fact of the Day: 2016 is coming to a close!
Hello sunshines! 🔆 It fills me with the greatest nostalgia to be typing this post here, today. I know everyone says this every single year, but I seriously cannot believe that 2016 is coming to an end. But, to remind myself of all my achievements and yes,
failures happy accidents, I am here to share my 2016 Recap.
👓 2016 BLOG GOALS:
- Reach 300 WordPress followers! ✔️
- Comment more! ✔️ (I did not complete the Comment 365 Challenge, but I did comment MORE)
- Blog at least 2-3 times a week. ✔️
- Use my Twitter for JBelkBooks more often! ✔️
* as of 12/30/16 — only for 2016
- # of views: 10,989
- # of visitors: 4,698
- # of comments: 1,857
- # of likes: 3,677
- # of WP followers: 438
- # of Twitter followers: 697
- # of IG followers: 171 (even though I’ve been inactive, lol)
- Top 5 Most Popular Posts/Pages: JBelkBooks’s One Year Blogiversary | Q&A + GIVEAWAY! [Part 2] || About || Feature With Followers || Reviews || Ringing in the New Year Book Tag!
👓 2016 FAVORITES :
❤ TOP 3 POSTS –
- 365 Days Later… | JBelkBooks’ One Year Blogiversary [Part 1]
- How/Why to Comment Like You Care | Chat with JBelkBooks
- My First MG of the Year! | George by Alex Gino
Most of my favorites are my discussions, even though they do take the longest to type and post. My review of George is only one of my favorite reviews, but I only love that one so much because the read was one outside of my comfort zone and I really did enjoy Gino’s work.
❤ NEW FRIENDS –
I feel like I mention the same people, but it’s okay because they deserve to be recognized. Although, I hope you guys consider me a friend as well! Thank you all for making my 2016 Blogging Experience so wonderful ❤
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books
- Yasmin @ readbooksanddrinkcoffee
- Lashaan & Trang @ Bookidote
- Fadwa @ Word Wonders
- Reg @ She Latitude
- Eve @ Eve Messenger
- AND YOU! 😋
📖 2016 READING GOALS:
- Read 65 books. ❌
- Escape my comfort zone and start reading other genres (fantasy, horror, science fiction, etc.) ✔
- Read more series. ❌
- Complete the Read The Books You Buy Reading Challenge hosted by Kathryn @ The Book Date. Details here. ❌
As you can see, I didn’t do so well in the reading compartment, but I did end up reading 23 books instead of my original goal, 65. I changed my goal at least twice (?) this entire year. I also didn’t necessarily complete the Read The Books You Buy Reading Challenge — I read about 25% of the books that I bought this year…Don’t scold me, okay. I definitely didn’t read any series this year…or at least finish any, lol. BUT, I did read outside of my comfort zone a little bit — I read a Middle Grade, New Adult, and even some more Graphic Novels!
- # of books reads: 23
- # of pages read: 5,946
- # of re-reads: 1
- # of books BOUGHT: ~130
📖 2016 BOOKISH FAVORITES:
❤ TOP 6 AUTHORS –
❤ TOP 3 READS –
📖 2016 LEAST BOOKISH FAVORITES:
💔 BOTTOM 3 READS –
🔅 2016 LIFE GOALS:
- Go to a bookish event located in my area. ✔
- Balance my priorities better (school, blogging, reading, health, etc.) ✔
- Continue doing volunteer work & possibly get a job. ❌
- Save more money to donate for the holidays (this year I saved about $90. 2016 I want to save about $150) ❌
- Practice driving more even though I am absolutely terrified of it (& I suck at turning) ✔
This 2016, I went to several bookish events! Here’s a short recap on all of them — YALLWest, B-Fest @ Barnes & Noble, & the Bay Area Book Festival.
I would like to say I balanced my priorities a lot better than last year — I took breaks when I needed to and I’m pretty proud about that. As for volunteering, I didn’t really have time, and as for collecting donation money this year, some things changed so I won’t be spending any of that this year, but instead using it for a future project. I did practice driving here & there this year, and I think I’m getting better! I’m still pretty nervous about it, but that’s another thing to work on in 2017.
🔅 2016 EXPERIENCES:
❤ I’ve started posting Author Promos, Giveaways, and a lot of other different posts so that I can start making JBelkBooks more well-known.
❤ By making myself more well-known, I’ve been invited to two blogger-related events this upcoming 2017 — an author/blogger panel and a blogger/author brunch! More details to come.
❤ Blogging for Books, Subscription Boxes, etc. I’m literally blogging for books, meaning I’m reading books in exchange for an honest review. This system has also applied to some of my subscription box reviews — I’ve received LitJoy Crate, The Ever After Box, ParnassusNext, etc. under no charge & I’ve been having an amazing time doing so.
And I think that’s ALL I wanted to cover with this 2016 Recap! Congratulations if you made it this far — I know this was kind of a long post. But, PLEASE feel free to share what you accomplished this 2016 with me; I would love to congratulate you (again)! With this post will, of course, follow a 2017 Goals & Challenges post, so stay tuned for that!
⬇WAIT, BEFORE YOU LEAVE⬇
Please, please, please, PLEASE, take a minute or two to leave me FEEDBACK with this Mini-Survey! As my followers/readers, I always want to know what you all think about my blog and how I can make your experience better. So, if you could do that that would be completely amazing & I would greatly appreciate it! ❤
THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY 2016 AMAZING! Here’s to new experiences (good & bad) and a Happy New Year! 🎉 Oh, and Happy Last Post of 2016! 😱
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you next time…
FIND ME ELSEWHERE: