Random Fact of the Day: Today is JBelkBooks’ Blogiversary!!!
Hello sunshines! TODAY IS THE DAY!!
My time has come Okay, I’m not dying (I think?), but 365 days ago JBelkBooks was born! Just typing up this post is giving me all the feels & excitement because to me, this is such a huge accomplishment. And today, I’m sharing the Amazing, the Struggle, and everything else related to JBelkBooks’ One Year Blogiversary.
YOU. Yes, you are the Amazing. Every single one of you that have read my posts, commented, followed…You ALL make a difference on my blog and in my life. I know followers and stats in general aren’t supposed to matter, but if we are being truthful, those are factors that helped me continue blogging for this past year.
GOING TO BOOKISH EVENTS. If it weren’t for blogging or really anything connected to the bookish community, I don’t think I would’ve went out of my way to research and find events near my area. I would’ve missed YALLWest, BFestBuzz, & all these fantastic deals online if I weren’t a blogger. I am extremely grateful for all the events I have attended — they have definitely been a blast.
GETTING OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE. This relates to so many things — joining #booksfortrade via Twitter, chatting with strangers (that are now NOT strangers, lol), sending out personal info. to publishers/authors, etc. These things were scary to me at first because it was so new and I didn’t even know if people would want to trade with me or how to contact an author/publisher. But with these new experiences came a not-so shy Jesalin and (I would like to say) a pro-emailer 😉
CREATING A SPACE FOR MYSELF. JBelkBooks is basically my second home. I create, I express, & I am ultimately myself on this platform. I love that I have created such a space that I can always go to.
THE SHAME OF COMPARISON. I know I’m not the only one that compares myself to other bloggers and their success, and I know we aren’t supposed to do that as bloggers. But it is VERY hard for me to NOT compare myself to others. Even in my personal daily life, I constantly rank myself and that is probably really unhealthy. As bloggers, we all want certain things that others have and sometimes jealousy and envy can get to an all-time high in our community. This weakness of mine is definitely something I want to work on as my time blogging exceeds.
JUGGLING LIFE AND BLOGGING/READING. This is still something I need to work on tremendously. With school arriving soon, I really need to prioritize my time & pre-blog as much as I can. Blogging IS my life (along with other things, of course), & I don’t think I’m just going to completely give up on blogging. But I’m also very serious about my education and actually having a life outside of staying at home, so managing my time has definitely been a struggle over this past year.
MY FAMILY. Even though they may never see this, I would still like to send them a HUGE thank you for all that they have done for me as a blogger and reader. They are the ones that have ultimately supported me from the beginning. My parents buy me books, take me to bookish events, and are overall the best supporters that I could ever have. So THANK YOU!!! ❤
YOU. Yes, you, again!! You guys are so incredibly special to me and overall so kind to me and I could never thank any of you enough!! You are my supporters even if you just started following me yesterday, so THANK YOU!! ❤
A few quick individual shout-outs to: Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books // Fadwa @ Word Wonders // Eve @ Eve Messenger // Lashaan & Trang @ Bookidote // Yasmin @ Read Books and Drink Coffee // Astra @ A Stranger’s Guide to Novels
All of you guys are
TWICE A MILLION TIMES as awesome!! You guys have been loyal to me throughout my journey, and I wanted to thank you guys individually for all your unconditional support & love. Thank you so, so much ❤
- Be yourself. As bloggers we all have something different and unique to bring to the community, even if you don’t think so. Make your blog the way you want, post what you want, be who YOU want.
- Have fun. If you aren’t happy with the content that you are putting out, change it up a bit. Tired of tags? Post a discussion! Don’t want to post so many reviews anymore? Start a new meme! The possibilities are endless, so make your blogging experience fun & worthwhile.
- Make friends. It may seem scary at first because “trust nobody”, but believe me, there ARE some amazing people in this community (if you are looking for some, check out that list above). In fact, this is one of the most supportive communities I’ve ever witnessed. Make friends and support each other 110% of the way.
- Say goodbye to your comfort zone. The more you experience new things, the better your blogging journey will be. Find bookish events near you, plan a meet-up with fellow bloggers near you, and/or reach out to your favorite authors/publishers. — you never know what could happen!
- Plan ahead. Pre-blogging makes a difference. Know what you are going to post before hand so you aren’t scrambling last minute to get a post up. Have a set schedule & stick with it because it makes things SOO much easier!
So what is the plan for JBelkBooks? Of course I have a few goals in mind regarding stats and such, but ultimately I do want to resolve the issues I discussed that were The Struggle this year. Eventually I do wish to self-host, maybe visit a larger bookish convention such as Book Expo America, & just overall expand my knowledge to create an ever BETTER blogging space to share with you all. I am nowhere near professional, so there is always room to grow & experience something new. And I honestly can’t wait to see what the Future hold for JBelkBooks.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!!
In hopes that you made it this far down this very lengthy post, I did want to let you guys know that YES, I AM HOSTING A GIVEAWAY just for you!! The details and such will be announced in my NEXT post (tomorrow) so please hang tight and get ready for a Q&A with yours truly, along with a GIVEAWAY!!
If you have any last minute QUESTIONS please feel free to comment them down below! I will be answering everything, so make them as weird or not-so weird as you want! 😀
❤ Thank you for growing and following me along my blogging journey. I appreciate you ALL & I hope you stick around to see what JBelkBooks has to come ❤
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you next time…
FIND ME ELSEWHERE: