Random Fact of the Day: About 400 different kinds of microbes live on and in the human body.
Title: F*ck That
Author(s): Jason Headley
Genre: Humour, Self-Help
Page Count: 64
Published: April 12th, 2016
Source: Received book from Blogging for Books in exchange for this honest review
“Let this book help you find peace with the challenges that surround you. Because they are f*cking everywhere. We all have an inner voice. Sometimes it’s just not quite as serene as we’d like. Based on the viral video that had everyone from yogis to workaholics raving, “F*ck That”is the completely truthful and oddly tranquil guide to achieving your inner peace.”
Since this novel isn’t actually a “novel”, I won’t be doing my usual form of review. So, let’s just skip to the Review & Rating!
So as you guys know I usually don’t really Self-Help/Humour novels, but at the time I requested this novel I needed a really quick, funny read. And this one definitely did not disappoint me in any way.
Here’s what I loved:
- The photographs: they were so calming and beautiful, and each photo varied — from landscapes, to nature, to simple pictures.
- The humour: there is definitely distinct humour in this meditation book, but it may not be for anyone. Just from the title you can tell there is profanity, so if you aren’t a fan of that, this novel is really not for you. I laughed at almost every page, and I think that’s really what the “meditation” was about.
- The simple, short sentences: each page had maybe…1-2 lines on it? It was very easy to read along, page by page, and I really appreciated that. With that being said, this was a very quick read.
- The cover: the cover illustrates what you are going to get inside — amazing graphics. And mine was hardcover sooo I was fairly happy.
Here’s what I didn’t love:
- NONE EXISTENT: there was really nothing to NOT like in this meditation book, unless you just don’t enjoy these types of novels. Again, there is lots of profanity, so don’t pick this one up if you aren’t comfortable with that language.
*Disclaimer: the photos above are not mine; all rights got to the owner. Also, THESE PHOTOS DO NOT DO THIS BOOK JUSTICE!! THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER AMAZING PHOTOS.
So what’s the ultimate verdict?
I gave Jason Headley’s, F*ck That, a…
5 out of 5 stars
Are you a fan of meditation novels? What do you think about the use of profanity? Let me know down below your thoughts, comments, or questions regarding this novel!
*Thank you Blogging for Books for the opportunity to read and review this novel.
Thanks for reading & I’ll see you next time…
FIND ME ELSEWHERE: