Random Fact of the Day: A hippo can open its mouth wide enough to fit a 4 foot tall child inside! (note to self: don’t go around a hippo)
OH MY GOSH IT’S HERE!!! THIS POST IF FINALLY LIVEEEEE!!! Hello sunshines! Today I am here with a VERY exciting post all originated from the wonderful and brilliant mind of Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books!! So what is this creature called “Souvenirs From Across the World”?? Well, since I’m too lazy to actually put things in my own words right now, take the wise words of Marie (for your convenience and mine) :
“Souvenirs From Across The World is a feature made for book bloggers, but also bloggers in general and writers from all around the world. We are just SO many, and I have made such wonderful friends here. This feature is a way to share with each other something slightly different, a bit personal and unique with everyone. Since we’re from all around the world, this feature is created to get to know each other, and most especially each other’s culture, country, hometowns etc.”
If you want to join SFATW or you want to read more information, check it out HERE!
So since I didn’t want to do the United States in general (because, heck, a lot of people live in the U.S.), and I didn’t want to give everyone my living address, I decided to focus on my general area. This happens to be…
THE BAY AREA (of California)
Let’s just get this out of the way: I am certainly not an expert of The Bay Area. Yes, I’ve lived in this area my whole life, but that doesn’t make me your top tour host. Without further a do, WHAT’S UP WITH THE BAY AREA???
The Bay Area consists of several cities, but here are some of the major ones:
- San Francisco, CA
- San Jose, CA
- Oakland, CA
I’ve visited all three, but if there’s one that I enjoy the most, it definitely has to be San Francisco. So if you should get anything from this post, it has to be GO TO SAN FRANCISCO!!!!
THE BAY AREA ATTRACTIONS (well, some…)
- SAN FRANCISCO: There’s usually one reason people want to come to CA, and most of the time it is to visit SF. San Francisco literally has everything — great atmosphere, beaches, awesome food, etc. I’ve been to SF several times, and I honestly can’t get enough. There are several other attractions invested in the area of SF, such as the AT&T park (for all you baseball fans), the Exploratorium (for my fellow nerds), & the Golden Gate Bridge (for all people willing to explore).
- CHINATOWN: Chinatown is the oldest but biggest location in North America. I have yet to visit for myself, but isn’t the environment just beautiful?? Chinatown is the city’s top tourist area, with the largest Chinese community outside of Asia. Oh, and authentic Chinese food??? YES, PLEASE!! ❤
- UNION SQUARE: This is one of California’s most popular ‘hangout’ spots, for both the young and the…not so young. Union Square is made up of central shopping, hotels, theater districts, and much, much more. To this day, this one-block area is one of the largest collections of department stores, upscale boutiques, gift shops, art galleries, and beauty salons in the U.S. Oh, and did I mention there are HEART STATUES at each of the four corners of Union Square?? So cool! ❤
- CALIFORNIA’S GREAT AMERICA: Great America is an amusement park located in Santa Clara, CA. This one is labeled as, “The Bay Area’s Most Exciting Theme Park”, and I must say, I do not disagree! They have family rides, thriller rides, Planet Snoopy (yes, Snoopy the dog), a water park…everything a crazy, fun teenager would think of (or is that just me…?). I personally love GA for the food, but that may be me, too 😉
Now I’m sure while going to these places you are going to get PRETTY hungry…So what are you gonna eat?? How will you solve your extreme hunger??
THE BAY AREA EATS
- IN-N-OUT: If you are a burger person, swing by this location!! Everyone and their mother (that I know of) absolutely adores this burger place with a passion. There are only 5 states in the U.S. that have In-N-Out, so yes, I am thankful. What do I recommend? The Double-Double Cheeseburger!!
- HOLLYWOOD CAFE: This place has the BEESSTT breakfast!! What if you aren’t a breakfast-type of person?? Well, they have lunch too! But get there EARLY because the wait can be ridiculous (most of the time). However, take it from me, it is definitely worth the wait. What do I recommend? The French Toast with a side of fruit!
- CALIFORNIA ROLLS: The CA Roll was invented by a man in Las Angeles, CA, so that’s how this sushi creation got it’s name. The CA Roll has to be one of my favorite types of sushi, and you can get it almost anywhere — sushi restaurants, supermarkets, and even gas stations (if you are lucky). If you aren’t a fan of crab, avocado, seaweed, rice, or cucumber, just GO GET ANY sushi in the Bay Area (I promise you’ll like it)…
As you can tell, there’s a lot of diversity when it comes to the Bay Area. Where I live in particular, there is really… “everyone” — from race, to gender, to sexuality. And I think that’s where the heart of the Bay Area really is. Depending on where you go in the Bay Area, remember to check out the weather because it can vary from place to place (in my area, the weather is extremely bipolar, lol).
If you ever decide to visit the Bay Area, or California in general, I would love to know!! I live more towards San Francisco, but anywhere you go I’m sure you’ll find something for you to do. I certainly didn’t explain everything about TBA, but I hope you got the main idea! Thank you for traveling with me virtually around the Bay Area, and I hope you visit soon! 😀
Are you taking part in the SFATW feature??? Have you been to California? What about the Bay Area?? Chat with me in the comments below!
Thank you again to Marie for hosting this awesome feature!! ❤
*Disclaimer: All photo rights go to rightful owner. None of the photographs shown above are mine.
Thanks for reading and I’ll see you next time…
FIND ME ELSEWHERE: