HAPPY NEW YEAR! Today I will be sharing with you my 2016 reading, blogging, & life goals! I don’t know about you, but I enjoy making goals for myself because it keeps me dedicated. Even though I’ve only been blogging for about 5 months, I truly can’t believe all of the support that I’ve been receiving & all of the wonderful people I’ve gotten to know on the way. Without your comments, likes, follows, and kind words, my blog wouldn’t be as successful as it is now. So just know if you are reading this, even if you are not following me, you are freaking amazing! With that being said, please continue my journey with me for next year.
Here are my blogging goals for 2016:
- Reach 300 WordPress followers! I am currently in the mid 100’s and every single one of you guys are so kind & wonderful.
- Comment more! I have be trying to comment on as many posts as I can in the past few months. I like to return the favor when I can — if you comment on mine, I’ll comment on yours. But I’ve learned even if someone hasn’t, it’s still nice to comment anyways. So that’s why I am going to be doing the Commenting 365 Challenge hosted by Nori @ReadWriteLove28. If you would like me to visit & comment on your blog sometime in 2016, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS QUICK FORM!
- Blog at least 2-3 times a week. When school arrives again I am hoping to keep a consistent blogging schedule, even if it means pre-typing all of my weekly posts on the weekends. Any advice? Let me know, please!
Some other blog-related goals:
- Use my Twitter for JBelkBooks more often! I absolutely enjoy chatting with you guys on other sites besides WordPress, so I am going to try and tweet/socialize more often!
- Stop comparing myself & my blog to others. For me this is a really big issue and I really want to stop that habit of comparison. This was the one main reason why I never wanted to blog, but now that I am and I am truly enjoying the experience, it is something I really want to work on in the future. The amounts of books or ARCs someone has, or events that someone goes to, doesn’t define me as a reader and I guess I just have to start reminding myself of that.
- Read 65 books.
- Escape my comfort zone and start reading other genres (fantasy, horror, science fiction, etc.)
- Read more series
- Complete the Read The Books You Buy Reading Challenge hosted by Kathryn @ The Book Date. Details here.
- Go to a bookish event located in my area
- Balance my priorities better (school, blogging, reading, health, etc.)
- Continue doing volunteer work & possibly get a job.
- Save more money to donate for the holidays (this year I saved about $90. 2016 I want to save about $150)
- Practice driving more even though I am absolutely terrified of it (& I suck at turning)
And that completes my Goals & Challenges post! If you would like to track my progress for the two challenges, you can check it out here. I am going to be checking back to this post periodically making sure I am following what I set for myself & I guess we’ll just have to see my progress at the end of the year!
What are you goals for 2016? Do we have any in common? Let me know your thoughts down below!
P.S. If you still haven’t filled out my mini-survey in regards to my blog, PLEASE take a quick few minutes to do so! Thank you! 🙂